The Town of Ladysmith is a vibrant community nestled on the eastern shores of spectacular Vancouver Island. With a population of approximately 8,000 people, the Town provides an inviting small town atmosphere and yet is only a short commute to all of the amenities of a major urban centre. Residents enjoy excellent community and recreational facilities, including year-round opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Please note closing time is 4:00 p.m.
|COMPETITION ||POSITION ||CLOSING DATE ||STATUS |
| 2015-01 || Senior Leader-Summer Children's Programs (Seasonal) || Feb. 23, 2015 ||Interviewing |
| 2015-02 || Junior Leader-Summer Children's Programs (Seasonal) || Feb. 23, 2015 ||Interviewing |
|2014-36 ||Certified Utility Operator II (PFT) ||October 28, 2014 ||Filled |
| Legend - Competition Status: || |
| Open || Resumes being accepted. |
| Screening || Posting has closed and applications are being short listed. |
| Interviewing || Short listed candidates have been contacted for interview. |
| Filled || The competition has been closed. |
| Cancelled || Position is no longer being considered. |
If you believe that the key to quality service is in valuing both the people you serve and the people who deliver the service, you belong in Ladysmith!
All external positions available with the Town of Ladysmith are advertised. Applications for any advertised position, consisting of a cover letter and resume, must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time.
To assist us in reducing paper use and meeting our sustainability goals, we strongly encourage applications to be submitted via email only.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We welcome employment-related enquiries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any prospective employee agrees:
- that should a position offered fall within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory and union dues will be deducted
- that if employed, one agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement, if applicable, and/or the human resources policies and employment practices of the Town of Ladysmith.
- that one may be required to show proof of the validity of driver’s licence, professional licences, and/or education when such certification constitutes a job requirement
- to provide information identifying previous and past employers, to be approached for references
- that criminal record checks and security clearance will be required.