If you are planning on developing your property or investing in Ladysmith, the Development Services Department can provide you assistance. The Department provides services in these areas:
- General inquiries about zoning and land use information
- Green development ideas and resources
- Applications to amend the Zoning Bylaw
- Development Permit applications (form and character, riparian, hazard lands)
- Development Variance Permit applications (setbacks from property lines, building height)
- Temporary Use Permit applications
- Sign Permits for new signage through-out the Town
Long Range Planning:
- Official Community Plan
- Local Area Plans
- Applications to amend the Official Community Plan
- Annual Community Profile and target sector information.
- Assistance with navigating the Town’s requirements and bylaws.
- We help you invest in Ladysmith.
- Façade Improvement applications
- Sign Permits for new signage in the Downtown
Check out our Business and Development pages.