Let's all be Fire Smart to protect our forests and our community. It only takes a small spark to start a very large fire.
- Absolutely no smoking on Town trails and in parks.
- Absolutely no ATVs or motorized vehicles on Town trails. Think twice before using ATVs anywhere in the back country.
- Campfires and all open burning are banned.
- Put out smoking materials completely and never throw away a lit cigarette anywhere.
- Glass and clear plastic can focus the sun’s rays and start a fire. Dispose of bottles properly, pick up broken glass, don't leave glassware outside, and reconsider those glass garden ornaments.
- If you must use power tools outdoors, use extreme caution and keep a fire extinguisher or garden hose nearby.
- If you see a wildfire call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on your cell phone.
Tell us what you think about...
...Our customer service
...Our community centre