Ladysmith Council is pleased to announce the appointment of Allison McCarrick as the new Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for the Town of Ladysmith.
McCarrick will join the Town on October 5, 2020 after serving as CAO with the District of Port Hardy for nearly five years. Since embarking on a career in municipal government in 2001, she has held positions as a financial accountant and the Director of Finance for the North Island seaside community.
“I am very grateful to have been chosen as the CAO for Ladysmith and respectfully work on the unceded traditional territory of the Stz’uminus First Nation,” said McCarrick. “In meeting with the Ladysmith Council, it is clear their love, pride and commitment to the people of this beautiful community. It will be my privilege to work with the dedicated, knowledgeable staff to continue to deliver the services the people of Ladysmith enjoy and to be a part of Town’s exciting future.”
McCarrick is a graduate of the British Columbia Institute of Technology, specializing in Finance and Financial Management Services, and holds a Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation. She also received a Certificate in Local Government Administration from Capilano University.
While at the District of Port Hardy, McCarrick’s career highlights have included:
• Constructing a new water reservoir to increase storage capacity and subsequent upgrades to the overall water supply system.
• Completion of an updated service agreement and creation of a new relationship agreement with the Kwakiutl First Nation.
• Carrying out a major capital infrastructure repair of the community pier and float system.
• Developing a feasibility study in collaboration with the Kwakiutl First Nation for a boatyard and haul-out project.
• Ongoing review of the District of Port Hardy Official Community Plan.
• Increasing tourism services through advertising and branding with our Municipal and Regional District Tax revenues.
Ladysmith Council received widespread interest for the CAO role and were impressed by McCarrick’s qualifications and experience, which make her ideally suited for this important role.
“We are very excited to have Allison join the Town of Ladysmith to work with Council and lead our staff team. Her passion for Ladysmith, caring and engaged approach, and excitement for delivering on the strategic priorities of the Town make her a perfect fit,” said Mayor Aaron Stone. “Through our recruitment process and subsequent conversations I am confident that she will be a great leader for Ladysmith. We can’t wait for her to join our team.”
McCarrick is originally from Saltair and a graduate of Chemainus Secondary School. She has two adult children and is an active walker, jogger and hiker.
McCarrick replaces Guillermo Ferrero who took over as the CAO for the City of White Rock in May 2020.