Mar 09, 2020
Boil Water Advisory Lifted
The Town of Ladysmith has lifted a Boil Water Advisory after two separate water test results show the area's water supply meets or exceeds provincial standards for safe drinking water.
Effective immediately, residents and businesses in the Town of Ladysmith, the Diamond Improvement District and Stz'uminus First Nation can now drink and cook with tap water. We do advise you to carry out the following measures first:
- Run cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for one minute before using the water
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain and refill hot water tanks set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C)
- Change any pre-treatment filters (under sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.)
The Town of Ladysmith thanks residents and businesses for their understanding and patience during this time, and for working together to help us keep the community informed.
We understand this has been a challenging past few days, particularly for the more vulnerable segments of our population.