You may make payments electronically at participating financial institutions.
Property Tax Payments
You may pay in person at City Hall with cash, cheque or debit (cheques with your Home Owner Grant remittance slip may be dropped in the After Hours Drop Box to the left of the City Hall front doors) or by mail; however, please note that post marks are NOT accepted as date of payment. Please note the Home Owner Grant must be fully completed and received at City Hall by the due date to avoid penalty.
Property Tax Payment Options:
- electronically at participating financial institutions;
- in person at City Hall (cash, cheque or Interac);
- at most financial institutions in Canada or;
- by mail. Please Note: Postmarks are NOT accepted as date of payment.
- Home Owner Grants must be received at City Hall or electronically before the due date.
If you have any questions regarding your Tax Notice, or have not received it by mid June, please contact City Hall at 250.245.6400.
Property Tax Prepayment Plan
Property owners may prepay their property taxes for the following year by making monthly payments, in accordance with the provisions of Town of Ladysmith Property Tax Prepayment Plan Bylaw 2014, No. 1851. For more information and/or to sign up, download the Property Tax Prepayment Plan Agreement If your banking information changes or you would like to change the amount of your monthly payments please fill out the Pre-Authorized Debit- Change of Information.
To cancel prepayment plan, please complete the Pre-authorized Debit Cancellation Form.
Utility Bill Payments
You can pay your utility bill directly through our new pre-authorized debit program.
All you need to do is fill out the form and return it to us with a void cheque. We will advise you once your payment plan is set up. after that, your account will be debited on the bill's due date. You will still receive your quarterly utility bill.
You can cancel the pre-authorized debit service by completing the "Pre-Authorized Debit Cancellation Form".
Other ways to pay utility bills are:
- At City Hall with cash, cheque or debit (cheques may be dropped in the After Hours Drop Box to the left of the City Hall front doors with your remittance slip after office hours).
- By mail
- Through your financial institution, in person or online
To claim your 2018 Home Owner Grant, click here.
If you have questions regarding your Property Tax or Utility Bills, please contact the Financial Services Department at 250.245.6414, ext 6206 or email email@example.com