Oct 01, 2020
Resident Alien filming October 1-7
Ladysmith will once again be buzzing with actors and production crews here to film the new Resident Alien television series next week.
Crews arrived in Ladysmith on October 1st and will require the use of various public parking lots and parking stalls until everything wraps up Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
- Intermittent closures of parking spaces between October 1 to 7:
- On both sides of 1st Avenue from 330 to 610 1st Avenue;
- On both sides of 1st Avenue from Baden Powell Street to Gatacre Street;
- On both sides of Roberts Street from the TransCanada Highway to 120 Roberts Street;
- The south side of Gatacre Street, between the TransCanada Highway and 1st Avenue;
- On both sides of the "Malone Road Alley" between 1st Avenue and 121 Gatacre Street; and
- On both sides of High Street, between the alleys to the east and west of 1st Avenue and 11 High Street.
- Intermittent closures of Roberts Street except for local traffic only between the TransCanada Highway and 1st Avenue on October 4 and 6, on the condition that the company has a traffic management plan and highway use permit in place, with appropriate signage;
- Intermittent traffic control between October 4 to 6:
- On the 300 and 400 blocks of 1st Avenue; and
- On High Street between 1st Avenue and the TransCanada Highway.
- Use of the Town controlled portion of the Fisherman's Wharf parking lot at 837 Ludlow Road from October 1 to 8 for a production staging area.
- Closure of the Town-owned parking lots at:
- 117 Gatacre Street from October 2 to 7 for truck parking; and
- 17 and 25 Roberts Street from October 1 to 8 for storage of equipment and tents
- Closure of the following areas for from October 4 to 6 for crew parking:
- parking areas along Oyster Bay Drive, between Ludlow Road and Transfer Beach Boulevard, excluding areas currently in use for construction;
- the south side of Transfer Beach Boulevard from Oyster Bay Drive to Transfer Beach Park;
- the portion of 610-840 Oyster Bay Drive on the south side of Transfer Beach Boulevard; and
- the gravel parking area north of the Transfer Beach Amphitheatre.
- Use of:
- the gravel infield and, weather permitting, the outfield at High Street Park from October 3 to 7 for a waiting area for extras and miscellaneous staging;
- the Town-owned lots at 12, 20 and 26 Buller Street on an as-needed basis for vehicle parking, equipment staging or other filming-related uses from October 1 to 8; and
- the alley between 422 and 416 1st Avenue for an equipment cache from October 4 to 6.
Questions about Filming – Residents and/or business owners with questions or concerns regarding any of the Resident Alien filming in Ladysmith are asked to please reach out via email to email@example.com, or by calling 604-449-3601.
If you have any general questions about filming in British Columbia, please contact Creative BC at 604-736-7997 or visit www.creativebc.com to find out more.
Please see our website for details on parking: https://www.ladysmith.ca/discover-ladysmith/ladysmith-in-the-news