Jun 26, 2019
Beat the Lineups – Pay Property Taxes Before July 2 Deadline
Ladysmith homeowners can beat the expected lineups on next Tuesday's property tax deadline by taking advantage of one of several payment options.
To avoid penalty, property taxes are due by 4 pm on Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
Homeowners arriving at City Hall that day hoping to make a payment in person (using cash, cheque or debit card) may face longer than normal wait times.
Please plan accordingly or consider one of several other payment options available.
You can also choose to pay:
- Using the after-hours drop box at City Hall (beside the front doors)
- At your bank or credit union, with your tax notice
- Through online banking - searching 'Ladysmith' as the payee and selecting 'Ladysmith Tax'
- Through your mortgage lender
- By mail (must be received at City Hall by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 2, 2019. Postmarks are not accepted as a date of payment)
A 10% penalty will be applied to any outstanding property tax balances following the July 2, 2019 deadline.
Home Owners Grants also must be claimed before the deadline to avoid penalty.
The grant reduces that amount of property tax you pay for your principal residence.
You may qualify if you are:
- Under the age of 65 years old
- A senior
- A veteran
- A person with disabilities
- Living with a spouse or relative with disabilities
- A spouse or relative of a deceased owner
If you have questions regarding property taxes, please contact the Financial Services Department at 250.245.6414, ext 6206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.