Free Transit between March 9 - 22, 2020
Please note that this does not include the Victoria routes.
Secondary students are requested to present their student I.D. cards as well as International students present their International Student Pass or their School District bus pass.
Ladysmith started being serviced by BC Transit through Cowichan Valley Regional Transit on September 3, 2013. There are four local routes and one regional route serving Ladysmith. The new local service has replaced the existing Ladysmith trolley system with the added bonus of regional connections. The regional route will see four round trips on weekdays from Ladysmith to Chemainus. Once in Chemainus, customers can easily connect with Cowichan Valley Route #6 to Crofton and Duncan. For more information on trip planning, visit the Cowichan Valley Regional Transit System website https://www.bctransit.com/cowichan-valley.
Full maps and route schedules are available at City Hall, the Frank Jameson Community Centre, and other locations. Tickets and passes are sold at City Hall, the Frank Jameson Community Centre and 49th Parallel Grocery.
For route details and information, please see the Rider Guide. Routes for Ladysmith are #31, #34 & #36.
You can also buy local, communter day PASS, tickets (10), semester passes and monthly passes online at the Cowichan Ticket Centre at www.ctcentre.bc.ca.
Rent the Trolley
The Ladysmith trolley is available for rent by Ladysmith organizations and residents. For information, please call 250.245.6445. You can also download the Trolley Rental Application form.
Trolley rentals must comply with the following criteria:
1. The organization or individual renting the trolley must reside or operate within Ladysmith.
2. Due to licensing requirements, the trolley is permitted to travel outside the Town boundaries.
3. The consumption of alcohol is prohibited on the trolley.
4. Smoking is prohibited on the trolley.
5. The trolley may only be operated by a qualified Town of Ladysmith trolley operator.
6. The trolley rental rate is $100 per hour for a minimum of four hours.
7. Bona fide not-for-profit local organizations are eligible to receive a 25% rental discount.
8. Functions or events in which the trolley is involved must comply with all Town bylaws and other regulations.
9. The individual responsible for the trolley rental must ensure that the trolley event does not disrupt or disturb Town residents or businesses.
10. At least 24 hours notice is required to cancel the trolley rental contract.